Best Cat Treats 2021 Review & Comparison
Reward Your Feline With These Best Cat Treats On The Market
Hello feline lovers, are you ready to discover the best cat treats? Just like how you would like getting pampered by your friends and family members after a long hectic day at work and enjoy your favorite food served by your loved ones, your cat would enjoy some treat too.
Similarly to humans, your cute little furry friend would love some coddles. For pets like cats, what’s better than the best cat treats? Instead of giving them regular dry cat food that is quite boring, indulge in some fun activity using some of these nice cat treats to which you can easily add some flavored cat vitamins.
Every time your cat listens to your order, give it a reward. So in a way you are going to build a strong relationship with your cat by using yummy kitty treats.
Here, we are not going to mislead you by saying that you can feed multiple cats treats in a day. There is a limit to feeding such food items. If you are going to feed treats just like a meal then they will no longer serve their purpose.
Also, vets recommend that only 10% of the whole calorie intake should come from treats. Choosing the right cat or kitten treats is quite tricky. You have to be sure about your cat’s needs. There are a variety of options from protein-rich treats to grain-free ones.
While making a choice online it’s quite difficult to zero out on one. So we have tested multiple brands to find out their results. Believe it or not, we have reviewed the best treats for cats. Once you will go through this article you will be much more aware of the kind of treats you must feed.
Best Cat Treat Comparisons
|Temptations Classic And Crunchy Cat Treats||Crunchy & Soft||30 Oz||Chicken, Salmon, Seafood, Tuna||5|
|Delectables Squeeze Up Wet Cat Treats||Liquid||32 Oz||Chicken||5|
|Feline Greenies Natural Cat Treats||Crunchy||10 Oz | 11 Oz||Catnip, Chicken, Salmon, Tuna||5|
|Blue Buffalo Wilderness Healthy Cat Treats||Soft||2 Oz | 8 Oz||Chicken & Duck | Chicken & Salmon|
| Chicken & Trout | Chicken & Turkey
|Friskies Party Mix Cat Treats||Crunchy||20 Oz | 30 Oz||Ocean whitefish, Shrimp, crab and tuna||5|
|PureBites Chicken Breast Treats||Crunchy||1.09 Oz| 2.1 Oz| 2.3 Oz||Chicken||5|
|INABA Churu Lickable Puree Cat Treats||Liquid||4.5 Oz||Tuna and Chicken||5|
|Sheba Meaty Tender Cat Treats||Soft||7.14 Oz||Chicken | Salmon | Tuna||5|
|Instinct Freeze Dried Natural Cat Treats||Crunchy & Soft||5.5 Oz | 6 Oz||Chicken | Rabbit|||5|
|ORIJEN Premium Quality Cat Treats||Soft||1.25 Oz||Lamb | Original | Regional Red | Six Fish | Tundra | Wild Boar||5|
Quick Overview Of Best Treats For Cats:
Our 10 Best Cat Treat Picks in 2021:
Temptations Classic And Crunchy Cat Treats
If you want to add a little crunch to your cat’s diet then go ahead and pick the temptations cat treats. The first and foremost thing that attracted our attention is the brand itself.
It has been one of the most trusted brands of cat treats. No brand can rank at number one position without giving amazing results. So you rest assured that you are buying the best treats for your kittens.
Feed up to 12 treats per 10 pounds of your cat’s body weight. Don’t forget to serve fresh running drinking water, preferably in a ceramic cat fountain throughout the day. You won’t even have to worry about taking care of cat treats to keep them fresh all the time. The closable lid will serve the purpose for you.
- The packages contain 30 oz. tub of cat treats in chicken flavor. Likewise, you can check for salmon, seafood, and tuna flavor.
- Due to crunchy texture, your cat would love to get their paws on this amazing flavored temptations treat.
- With crunch on the outside, there is a soft creamy texture on the inside that makes it truly irresistible.
- This is a complete package with 100% nutritional value. A perfect option for adult cat maintenance.
- You can keep a check on calorie in-take with two calories per treat.
- With highly balanced ingredients you can even use it as a replacement for the main meal. Just feed about 2/3 cup per pound of your cat’s body weight.
- Scrumptious cat treat
- Crunchy classic flavor
- Unique stay-fresh packaging
- Highly nutritious
- Good calorie content
- Available in multiple flavors
- Not suitable for those who need cat dental treats
Delectables Squeeze Up Wet Cat Treats
Just as the name suggests it is a wet cat treat. So your cat won’t have to make a vigorous attempt to chew and swallow the treat. This would be the best cat treat for kittens.
Initially, they are not aware of the taste and you can begin by serving wet food. There is no doubt in it that the users have found it pretty good as they have given it magnificent ratings.
Just bond well with your feline by using interactive ways. Your cat will wait eagerly so that you hand feed this yummy piece of cat treat to it. We are sure once you offer this treat to your cat it will leave the bowl super clean.
- Just squeeze into the cat’s food bowl or entice as a topping to make the food more delicious. Use variations to attract your cat.
- The package includes eight packages. In each one, you will find a pack of four. So you can see that there are different layers of packaging used.
- Each tube weighs about 0.5 ounces. So when you open it, a thick and creamy puree flows out of it. With lip-smacking flavors, it is quite tempting.
- This cat treat is purely intended for intermittent feeding. So you feed it about two to three times daily along with a balanced cat food diet.
- You won’t even have to measure the puree content. There is an appropriate amount of puree added to tubes to make the best reward in the form of healthy kitten treats.
- Absolutely fantastic product
- Squeeze and pour option
- Low calorie
- Great packaging
- Gourmet wet food
- An impressive amount of treat
- Not available in other flavors.
Feline Greenies Natural Cat Treats
If you are looking for natural cat treats then this could be an apt choice. Feline Greenies is an all-natural cat treat with multiple benefits. Coming to the flavors, it has quite a variety to offer.
Choose from salmon, tuna, catnip, and chicken. You can try them all or order one and try a different flavor every time. In this way, you will have something new to offer and your cat will remain hooked to these cat treats. We loved how the brand knows about the cat’s interest and offers accordingly.
- Along with being natural, these are also dental treats. So you are going to keep your cat’s teeth clean in a natural and healthier way.
- The treats are oven-roasted and contain about 11 oz tub in one package. If you are in a dilemma then choose a smaller packet of 9.75 oz.
- It is a vet recommended range of cat treats. You can even consult them for approval as it will make it easy to make a choice with their guidance.
- Your little furry friend will love the taste. Also, they are enriched with vitamins, minerals, and premium protein. Without much effort, you are taking care of their nutritional intake.
- It will fight plaque formation in your cat’s mouth. Also, it is efficient enough to freshen up the cat’s breath.
- Vet’s recommended
- Natural ingredients usage
- Less than three calories
- High quality and safe
- Optimum dental care
- Breath freshener
- Super affordable
- Not recommended for cats that are too old
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Healthy Cat Treats
Some pet owners find it really difficult to trust any food item brand. They are worried about the quality of ingredients added to the cat treats. It’s just that they love their cat and don’t want to take any risk when it comes to their health.
This won’t be a problem with Blue Buffalo cat treats as they believe only in high-quality. Instead of using by-products that have ill-effect on cats they only make use of fresh products.
We need more of such brands that consider customer satisfaction their first priority. There is another difference in these soft cat treats and that is the flavor combination. You get a combined flavor combination in one single package. Now, that’s a bonus for your cat.
- Blue buffalo wilderness treats have four amazing flavors. You will get chicken combined with duck, salmon, trout, or turkey.
- If you just want to test a cat treat with your cat then this could be the one. You will get the package as small as 2 oz to as big as 8 oz. so order a small one and once satisfied order multiple of them.
- You can feed these ones to felines of all age groups. These are safe cat treats for all of them.
- These are wholesome treats without the addition of grains that consist of gluten. Some cats are allergic to gluten so they can hop these yummy treats.
- With very low-calorie intake i.e. only 1.5, your cat won’t gain much weight. So you can reward your cats without thinking of weight gain.
- These ones are definitely the best treats for kittens. There is no added artificial flavor or preservative. Again a top choice for health-conscious pet owners.
- All Natural cat treats
- No by-products added
- Healthy reward
- Rich flavor collection
- Wholesome treats
- Large packages not available.
Friskies Party Mix Cat Treats
Friskies cat treats come with flavors that are simply fantastic. The manufacturer is known for producing about 101 choices that include dry food, wet cat food, and much more.
Your cat wouldn’t have even dreamt of such mouth-watering elements. To top it all the ingredients are of high-quality. The nutritional value is not compromised in order to provide a treat to cats.
The real ocean whitefish is the top ingredient in this delightful recipe. So give your cats these treats that will make them want more and in turn work more. You can teach your cat to behave in a fun way by rewarding these little treats.
- The recipe is so good that your cat won’t be able to resist it. In every bite, there is a taste of crab, tuna, shrimp, and other seafood ingredients. So your cat will get a lip-smacking experience that it loves and you will get happiness by watching it play around with these mini treats.
- In one package, you will get treats in shapes that are quite appealing. From bone-like to the star shapes that will immediately catch your pet’s attention. And you can feed a different cat treat without buying multiple packages each time.
- Friskies are known for adding a high-quality protein to the meals. So your cat’s muscles will be strong. This is important as they have to climb, jump, explore, and do varied activities that require great strength.
- If you are scared that your cat will get dehydrated then the solution is Friskies. The wet food keeps your cats hydrated even if it doesn’t drink enough water.
- Go ahead with the guilt-free snacking session as each bite is even less than two calories.
- You can choose from the beachside crunch, kahuna crunch, and treasure crunch with little variation in ingredients. We personally recommend beachside one.
- Crunchy texture
- Varied flavors in one package
- Available in two size
- Real ocean whitefish is an ingredient
- Increases muscle strength
- Recommended for adult cats
PureBites Chicken Breast Treats
The pet owner has to be very clear about their choice of food items for their pets. Be it a cat or dog you cannot overlook their health. If we talk about Purebites treats you might think that you can feed them directly fresh from your home.
The reason being that there is only one flavor and that is chicken. You are not wrong with your part. But do you think feeding unseasoned chicken breast will give your feline the required nutrition?
Experts don’t think so. Instead, you should go for alternatives like Purebites that provide your freeze-dried pieces with all nutrients packed in it.
- The Purebites cat treats are only made using a single ingredient. If your cat loves chicken breasts then you must invest in this product.
- These treats are completely natural. There are no added artificial dyes or anything. So these are the best healthy cat treats you can find in the market.
- There is a gentle drying phenomenon used that locks in the aroma of the bites. So your cat can smell the treat and won’t be able to resist eating them.
- You can even use these treats for dogs. If there are multiple pets at your home you can use the same cat treat for all of them. So you won’t have to invest in multiple treats separately.
- If your cat is suffering from certain health issues then also you can serve them these treats. It is completely safe to feed these treats to even pets that are dealing with weight gain issues.
- Made with a single ingredient
- 100% natural
- The USA made
- Aroma and texture is restored
- Treats get a bit crumbled in the bag
INABA Churu Lickable Puree Cat Treats
Are you buying treats for a cat that is quite picky in its choices? Is it really hard to find out what interests your cat? If you want to please your cat then these INABA cat treats are surely for you.
Use them as cat calming treats as there is a whole market in front of you in the form of INABA. Here, there are about 13 flavor combinations to try.
We loved the packaging of the product showing an adorable kitty licking these treats. We know the cat is an integral part of your family. So these delightfully tasty treats are no doubt going to impress your kitty.
- With thirteen different varieties available, you can easily find one that matches your cat’s needs. This includes chicken with cheese, crab, scallop, shrimp, tuna, and more.
- It is totally up to you to select the number of tubes you want. From four tubes to fifty tubes there are 10 different sizes available. You can buy 2-3 different flavors of 4 tubes and serve a new flavor each time.
- The moisture content of the treats is high as cats need to stay hydrated and their thirst drive is low.
- You can simply tear a tube and pour the mixture into the bowl. It can be directly fed to the cats or you can top it up on cat food to make it more delicious.
- If your cat is unwell and needs extra care and is restricted from eating certain food items. But even if your cat is on some medication, you can serve these treats to them.
- There is a complete “No” when it comes to artificial colors, preservatives or grains.
- The meat is derived from cage-free chicken and these are supervised at farms. Also, tuna is sustainably harvested with dolphin-safe certification. So it excels in all health-related parameters.
- 13 flavors
- Different sizes
- Tear and pour mechanism
- No preservatives or artificial colors
- Not too crunchy
Sheba Meaty Tender Cat Treats
Cats love playing and if it’s their food the fun doubles. A cat treats toy, this was the first thing that came to our mind after hearing about the Sheba treats. These are in the form of sticks.
So while they are not hungry you can let them play with it and afterward they can eat them up. It’s quite an interesting way of providing treats to your lovely pet. They will be happiest if you are going to buy these for them. When we fed these treats to our cats they were responding really enthusiastically.
- In one packet you will get sticks that weigh 0.14 oz. Also, the sticks are long so you can even break them into pieces and serve a small amount each time.
- Sheba meaty tender sticks are filled with natural flavors. The flavor is of real meat for a great taste for adult cats.
- These sticks are the pet owner’s favorite as they are made with no wheat, corn, or soy. Adult cats love the meaty flavor and refrain from these added ingredients.
- For maximum freshness, each meaty tender stick is packed separately. So even if you leave the packet open there is a layer of packaging on the individual sticks.
- You can buy these sticks in three different flavors. It could be salmon, tuna, or chicken.
- Individually packed
- Can be broken into pieces
- No added soy or corn flavors
- Firm texture
- Made with real meat
- You have to serve water separately to maintain hydration
Instinct Freeze Dried Natural Cat Treats
Do you even serve raw food to your cats? If no then you must do so. It is very important to feed your pets with raw food packed with all the natural sources of nutrients.
Instinct is one such manufacturer of cat food that strongly believes in doing that. That’s why they have transformed the lives of various pets. The tagline of Instinct says “Top your kibble raw”. In fact, their source of raw food is also owned by them making it even more trustworthy.
- The cat treat is natural and can be used as food toppers. Also, they are made using only cage-free chicken and non-GMO veggies and fruits.
- All the raw ingredients are freeze-dried. The method involves the gentle removal of moisture making sure the nutrients are still locked in and flavors are intense.
- There is no added corn, wheat, soy, potato, by-product meal or artificially processed food items. To ensure the long life of food they haven’t used artificial preservatives.
- For fussy cats, this could be an interesting alternative to regular food. You can add them to regular food to increase your cat’s excitement about eating food. Also, toppers support healthy digestion.
- Made with the finest ingredients around the world in the USA. These are full of protein and have undergone minimal processing, your cat’s skin and coat are sure to get amazing benefits. There are special packages that target a certain issue like digestion.
- You can choose from a 6 oz bag and 5.5 oz bag.
- Raw cat food topper
- Good for skin and digestion
- Available in two different sizes
- Intensified flavors
- No moisture content
ORIJEN Premium Quality Cat Treats
ORIJEN’s cat food is made exclusively from the DogStar kitchen. They have close proximity to fertile farmlands, Appalachian ranches, and rolling grasslands.
So being in direct contact with them ensures the quality of meat and other produce is really good. The people who are responsible for farming and ranching make sure the ingredients reach the kitchen within 48 hours of harvesting. Isn’t that great work culture? We truly admire their hard work and the quality of cat treats.
- The flavor range of ORIJEN consists of Original, Lamb, Regional Red, Six Fish, Tundra, and Wild boar. All of them are available in 1.25 oz package.
- At each step of producing these food items, there is the stringent following of food practices involved. Delivering quality cat treats is their vision and is appropriately fulfilled.
- The cat treats are solid freeze-dried ones. With nutrient-dense and protein-rich offerings, your cat is surely going to get a reward that is both delicious and healthy.
- These treats are biologically appropriate raw treats with no grains. They have an amazing customer service team that will surely help you in any possible case.
- They never trust an outsider for sourcing the ingredients. Your cat’s health is in safe hands. In fact, ORIJEN uses a whole prey philosophy. So it would feature ingredients exactly the way an animal would eat in nature.
- Quality assurance
- Uses whole prey philosophy
- Protein-rich ingredients
- Freeze-dried to only evaporate water
- Nourishing tasting experience
- Little expensive
Make A Note Of These Points Before Buying Cat Treats:
Pets are our family members so you cannot buy just anything for them. Here, we have shared certain points that can be used as a criterion to select healthy cat treats. Before scrolling down, you can also check out our best cat feeders for this year.
The first thing you should check in any food item is their key ingredients. Look for the section where all the elements are mentioned. Are the guidelines given by the AAFCO i.e. The Association of American Feed Control Officials?
If yes, go ahead and buy the product as all the good treats for cats follow these guidelines. If your pet is suffering from a certain disease or is allergic to a certain ingredient then choose accordingly.
Here, we are including factors like your cat’s age, weight, energy level, and more. If your cat is very active then you can feed them high-calorie cat treats as they will be able to burn them.
Similarly, if your cat is weak or old then feed them with softer treats that are easy to chew. There is a variety of diabetic cat treats also available. So you will certainly find one that fulfills your cat’s needs.
Avoid Excessive Sodium:
By increasing the sodium content of cat snacks, people believe that they are making treats tasty. You have to maintain a balance between taste and health.
Immoderate sodium content would lead to dehydration. And we are sure you don’t want that.
In some cats, it may also result in issues like kidney stones so it’s always a good idea to control sodium intake of your feline friend.
Avoid Artificial Preservatives:
Preservatives are used to increase the life of food but every good thing comes with some disadvantages. Some of them like BHT lead to carcinogenic effects.
Do you know artificial dyes are used to make the cat treats attractive? Don’t go for such items if you want the healthiest cat treats for your friend.
You should invest in a variety of cat treats. Keep some wet healthy snacks for cats and some freeze-dried chicken cat treats. Depending on your cat’s mood you can feed them.
After all, your cat is quite picky when it comes to food. If this is the first time you are buying treats then we highly recommend going for at least two or three options. It will take time to realize which one is tempting enough to make your cat do the job.
There are different types of cat treats available in the market. The standard dry treats are crunchy ones that are not only tasty but also fun to chew. These shouldn’t contain grain as it is not good for cats.
Standard wet treats are loved by most of the cats and you should buy them for senior cats to facilitate easy consumption. Another variety is of dental cat treats. These are mainly targeted to improve your cat’s oral health. The last one is diet treats that are targeted to fulfill certain deficiencies or treat health issues.
What are good treats for cats?
This totally depends on your cat. You can serve any top-rated cat treat if your pet is healthy and not dealing with any health issue. If your cat is old and you love the ingredients of a specific cat treat but it is hard to chew then it is of no use.
What are the benefits of cat treats?
There are quite a few reasons for buying cat treats. Nobody likes a cat that is extremely naughty. If you don’t want to spend money on trainers then become one. Every day teach your cat to behave properly.
If the cat does exactly the way you command it too then reward it with cat treat. This trick actually works. Oral health is a big issue in pets. If you are too busy with your own work use dental treats to keep your feline’s teeth clean and don’t forget to brush them with the best cat toothpaste and brushes. Cats love food so add a cat treat topper to their meal for that extra taste.
Conclusion on the Best Kitten Treats
All in all, we have come to the conclusion that cats are playful and you should serve cat treats to make them even happier. Cat treats are not a regular food item that should be served the whole day without thinking about your cat’s nutrition. Moderation is the key to cat treats.
Involve in some fun activity with your cats. We, humans, get easily bored by regular food then why wouldn’t animals? If you are finding it hard to train your cats then trust us these yummy little snacky treats are here to your rescue.
Whether you are considering to buy vegan cat treats or meaty sticks there is a variety of them. It was quite difficult for us to shortlist these items as there are a variety of manufacturers in the market. We went through a lot of research and served these treats to cats to know their actual impact.
These are the best ones you are going to add to your four-legged companion’s routine. Be careful as there is a thin line between spoiling and rewarding your pets. Control the amount of cat treats you serve each day. Also, there are some cat treats that lead to excessive weight gain.
So measure the calorie content and serve them accordingly. You should always go for organic cat treats rather than artificially processed ones as they are safe for your pets. We hope you were able to make a choice for your feline friend. Please do share your views on the same.
Whether you are considering to buy vegan cat treats or meaty sticks there is a variety of them. It was quite difficult for us to shortlist these items as there are a variety of manufacturers in the market. We went through a lot of research and served these treats to cats to know their actual impact. These are the best ones you are going to add to your four-legged companion’s routine. Be careful as there is a thin line between spoiling and rewarding your pets. Control the amount of cat treats you serve each day. Also, there are some cat treats that lead to excessive weight gain.