Best Cat Brushes Review and Comparison 2021
Groom Your Feline With Our Picks of Best Cat Hair Brushes
[table “71” not found /]
Cats are renowned self-groomers. They spend almost 50% of their awake time indulging in some self-grooming activity. But no matter how meticulous they are in this self-cleaning, they still require help before they can efficiently maximize the benefits of this activity.
As a cat owner, you can help this process by brushing your cat on a regular basis with one of the best cat brushes we reviewed in this article. We picked the cat brushes for long-haired cats and short-haired cats for you.
A good brushing activity with a suitable cat hairbrush or cat grooming brush on your favorite pet does not only remove debris, shredded fur or dander from your pets’ body but also stimulates blood circulation and the production of your pet’s natural oil that adds to its body shine. One of the best vacuums for cat hair will help you deal with the debris and excess fur perfectly.
There are different cat brushes for different reasons. Therefore, with the help of these cat grooming brush or cat hairbrush, you can be sure of giving your feline friend a beautiful outlook among other benefits attached to this process.
The brushes mentioned below are considered the best cat hair brushes. Although they all have their unique uses and functionalities, each cat hair shedding brush considered is important. Before scrolling down, check out the best cat hairball remedies we picked and reviewed recently.
Quick Overview Of Best Cat Brush For Shedding:
Best Brush For Short & Long Hair Cats Compared:
|GoPets Dematting Comb Professional Grooming Rake||Self-Cleaning||Cats and Dogs||Ergonomic Non-Slip||5|
|Hertzko Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush For Cats||Self-Cleaning||Cats and Dogs||Ergonomic Non-Slip||4.9|
|Pet Neat Cat Grooming Brush For Short and Long Hair||Self-Cleaning||Cats and Dogs||Regular||4.9|
|Pet Portal Pro Quality Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush||Self-Cleaning||Cats and Dogs||Ergonomic Non-Slip||4.9|
|BarkOutfitters Cat Slicker Self-Cleaning Brush||Self-Cleaning||Cats and Dogs||Ergonomic Non-Slip||4.9|
|Ruff 'n Ruffus Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush With Steel Comb||Self-Cleaning||Cats and Dogs||Ergonomic Non-Slip||4.9|
|Furminator Cats Undercoat Deshedding Tool||Self-Cleaning||Cats and Dogs||Ergonomic Non-Slip||5|
|SleekEZ Original Deshedding Grooming Tool for Cats & Dogs||Regular||Cats and Dogs||Regular||4.9|
|Paws and Pals Shedding Comb For Cats and Dogs||Self-Cleaning||Cats and Dogs||Regular||4.9|
|UPSKY Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush For Cats and Dogs||Self-Cleaning||Cats and Dogs||Regular||4.9|
Our Picks Of Best Cat Brushes in 2020:
GoPets Dematting Comb Professional Grooming Rake
The GoPet de-matting comb may look like a complicated tool but it is very easy to handle and use a slicker brush. It has a two-sided comb that is designed to work with pets of all sizes from a small kitten to a large cat, with single or double coats and even medium or long hair.
Even though all cats are prone to mats and tangles, cats with medium to long furs are more likely to enjoy using this brush. It is one of the best cat brush that does not only demate, but it also de-sheds and detangles with ease.
For easy use, the lower side of the cat comb serves as a de-matting rake for stubborn mats and tangles while the higher side serves as a detangler, de-shedding tool, or undercoat rake.
This unique cat grooming brush has a silicone gel-filled, non-slip handle with a firm grip that makes it easy to use without slipping out of your hand, especially in a severe tangle situation.
Additionally, this long hair cat brush also has a double-sided comb with a 12 tooth side for tough mats and tangles, and a 23 tooth side for faster results even with large cats. Its sharp teeth help to prevent pulling fur during detangling and demating. Its rounded ends make it safer on sensitive skin.
- GoPets cat shedding brush is perfect for cats that are prone to mats.
- This cat fur brush has a soft gel handle that provides you with maximum support and comfort during use.
- Has gently rounded ends to protect your cat
- It is versatile and of professional quality
- Fur tends to stick to the handle because of the gel.
- Fairly expensive compared to other models.
- The head may pullout in extreme cases.
Hertzko Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush For Cats
This is a high-quality durable cat hairbrush, designed to remove loose fur, trapped dirt, and dander, tangles, and knots from your cat’s fur without bruising his/her body. It is one of the best cat brush for shedding.
This cat hair comb features a very fine bent wire bristles that penetrate deep into the fur, and grooms the undercoat well without causing discomfort to your cat’s skin. Its self-cleaning design allows you to clean up the kitten brush with just a simple click.
At the click of the button, the bristles retract back into the pet brush, thus making it easy to remove the hair without the bristles hindering the cleaning process.
In most extreme cases, this cat grooming brush is considered not suitable for use because it is widely spaced for some fine-hair tangles, and so it is likely to remove less loose hair than a de-shedding brush.
- Deep penetration into your press skin without causing discomfort or irritation.
- Versatile cat de-shedding brush.
- This cat grooming comb has retractable bristles for self-cleaning purposes
- The fine bent wire bristles remove trapped dirt, loose, tangles, knots, and dander.
- Perfect cat grooming brush for long hair.
- May not remove much loose hair as a shedding brush would.
- The brush bristles sometimes maybe too widely spaced for some tiny hair tangle.
Pet Neat Cat Grooming Brush For Short and Long Hair
4 used from $14.22
This is a high-end de-shedding brush that removes up to 95% of shedding fur from your pet within minutes and is suitable for short, medium, and long furs. If you notice your cat hair lying all over your place, then this product is the best cat brush for shedding to use.
The Features of this cat hair brush includes; a 4″ inch long rust-resistant stainless steel comb that effectively reaches deep down to the undercoat.
It also has a strong snug-fit ergonomic handle that is environmentally sustainable, hypoallergenic and non-slippery hence giving you full control with a firm grip when de-shedding and de-tangling your pets’ coat.
This cat fur shedding brush includes a detachable stainless steel comb for easy cleaning. The pet neat cat grooming brush guarantees an efficient, convenient and effortless de-shedding process while providing your pet with a healthy and shiny coat. This small cat brush would be a great cat grooming
tools and can also be used for dogs.
- Bristles are made from high-quality stainless steel.
- Removes up to 95% of shredded hair and tangles within 10 minutes.
- This long and short hair cat brush is affordable and comfortable to use.
- It is considered not versatile because the design is only specialized for de-shedding.
- Available in one size only
Pet Portal Pro Quality Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush
This cat grooming brush is as easy as they come hence grooming your pet shouldn’t be a stressful task. It provides an easy, comfortable, and enjoyable pet grooming experience for both you as the pet owner, and your pet.
Also, it is the perfect solution for those pesky mats & tangles that could potentially cause discomfort and pain for your furry pal. Its features include stainless steel bristles, a durable and long-lasting ergonomic, soft anti-slip handle design, and a button that initiates self-cleaning when pushed.
Some of the benefits of the pro-quality self-cleaning slick brush are; It removes dirt and cleans your cat with ease and efficiency, getting through the thickest double coats, detangling, demating and losing hair with minimal effort to give your kitty a soft and shiny fur.
Also, the probability of seeing excess pet hair in your house is greatly reduced. With this brush, your favorite pet will surely enjoy proper blood circulation as part of its benefits. The self-cleaning feature of this cat undercoat brush is definitely an attractive one.
Cleaning your cats’ grooming tool can be more stressful than grooming your cat. This is because it is necessary that you take out every single strand of hair from the brush, disinfect and air dry it. This task can be time-consuming.
- Comfortable to use
- Removes mats, loose hair, and tangles with ease
- highly recommended by pet owners, vets, and professional groomers.
- High-quality and durable
- Initiates self-clean at the press of a button
- Tough mats or tangles may cause the stainless steel bristles to bend or break.
BarkOutfitters Cat Slicker Self-Cleaning Brush
This is the best cat hairbrush to use if your cat has awful mats and tangles that have amassed a lot of dirt and dust. This one specializes in getting rid of loose hair, as well as knots. It’s high quality and unique features separate it from other slicker brushes.
Mats are breeding grounds for lice, fleas, dirt, bacteria, and viruses which can cause your cats’ health to deteriorate. With this cat grooming brush, you can easily take out mats from your kitty’s coat, hence improving his/her life quality. And if pests are involved, make sure you use one of the best cat flea shampoos.
Unlike other brands that have hard grips which quickly become uncomfortable, the BarkOutfitters cat slicker self-cleaning brush has a soft ergonomic anti-slip handle with a firm grip for easy handle.
Although other traditional slicker brushes have fixed pins that quickly become clogged when used on pets thus making it slow and difficult to get the hair out properly, the self-cleaning slicker brush has a more advanced feature that makes cleaning easier just with the click of a button and also makes grooming faster.
The regular use of this pet grooming brush will surely keep your cat well-groomed, prevent mats, dirt, or dust from building up, stimulate the production of natural oils that will keep your cat shiny at all times, and proper circulation of blood around the body.
- The bristles can even out even the toughest mats and tangles.
- Reduces shedding by up to 90%
- Durable and easy to use.
- The bristles can get flawed easily.
Ruff ‘n Ruffus Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush With Steel Comb
This cat grooming brush comes with a heavy-duty pet nail trimmer and a stainless steel grooming comb. Grooming will definitely be easy and safe with a set like this.
The slicker de-matting brush, unlike other slicker brushes, is made with fine bent wire bristles that do not cause irritation or bruises to your pet. The dual-sided steel comb has both fine and coarse teeth to prevent hair pulling, and the pet nail trimmers have a safety stop to ensure you do not cut your cats’ nail too short.
This complete set is cost-friendly and considered suitable for both cats and dogs and compliments all fur types and lengths. This self-cleaning brush features a slicker de-matting brush that removes loose hair, dander, and knots from your pet’s fur, a stainless steel grooming comb for finishing, fluffing, and de-mating, and a heavy-duty pet nail clipper that gives your pet the perfect nail trim.
Its Self- cleaning feature tends to make grooming much easy. All you need to do is press the button on the slicker brush after you’re done and watch the bristles retract and the hair falls right off.
In general, this set made of durable high-quality materials is easy to use and clean, offers safety to your pets when used, and gives your pet a beautiful shiny coat after use.
- Easy to use
- High-quality and durable
- It is a complete grooming set with a slicker demanding brush, a nail trimmer, and a stainless steel comb.
- The nail trimmer might not fit the nails of larger cats.
Furminator Cats Undercoat Deshedding Tool
This grooming tool is top-rated and considered one of the best cat grooming brushes, perfect for that stubborn mats and tangled fur on your cat. It sure makes grooming a simple and safe process.
The Furminator de-Shedding tool is designed for cats that are over 10 pounds with hair that is longer than 2 inches. It enables you to share your home with your cat, without fear of having them shed hair all over your house.
This cat grooming tools for long-haired cats features a stainless steel descending edge that goes right through the topcoat and attacks the loose hair in the undercoat, a rubberized contoured handle to ensure a perfect grip, and an eject button that weeds out the excess furs collected in the steel comb.
- It has an ergonomic handle for a firm grip. You don’t have to worry about it slipping out of your hand during use.
- It reduces shedding by 90%
- It is one of the best cat brush for shedding, and most effective cat grooming brush in the world.
- The stainless teeth work from the under to the top. This process guarantees a job well done.
- It is durable and long-lasting
- It is expensive
- Excessive usage can take out too much hair from the undercoat.
- Teeth may irritate cats with sensitive skin.
SleekEZ Original Deshedding Grooming Tool for Cats & Dogs
This is a simple but yet effective undercoat cat hairbrush for both long and short-haired pets. It is designed to remove loose, dander and embedded dirt from the coat and prevent knots from forming without causing any irritation to the skin.
This pet hairbrush was first designed for horses but as time went by, it was modified to make it suitable for dogs, cats, and even rabbits.
The features of this cat hand brush include a wooden ergonomic handle that is easy to clean, a Patterned tiny teeth blade perfectly constructed to gently brush away loose fur, dirt, and dander without snagging. The hair collected along the tip of the blade falls to the ground.
- It is easy to clean
- It does an excellent job of cutting down on shedding when used regularly.
- The wooden handle feels nice to touch and it fits nicely in the hand for a comfortable grip.
- The wooden handle isn’t built to last for a long time.
- It lacks the penetration to pull shed hair from the undercoat out to the surface.
Paws and Pals Shedding Comb For Cats and Dogs
This is a professional quality cat grooming brush that Is made with long-lasting and durable materials designed to gently remove loose hair and fur from your dog or cat’s coat.
It prevents excess shedding for a long-lasting healthy undercoat. The features of this long hair cat comb include a de-shedding rake made of stainless steel bristles.
And a handle with a firm grip which gives you total control of the cat grooming tool when grooming your pet and also a retract button for self-cleaning purposes.
- Can be used on cats and dogs of all sizes and hair length
- It has a firm grip that allows for better control
- It de-sheds effectively
- It takes a lot of time to get the job done
UPSKY Self-Cleaning Slicker Brush For Cats and Dogs
This kitten grooming brush is the best cat hairbrush to eliminate loose fur, mats, tangles, and dirt from your pet’s hair. It has fine and curved stainless steel bristles that can reach deep into your pet’s fur to groom the undercoat well without scratching your pet’s skin.
With this cat hairbrush, you can easily groom your pet without fear of bruising or causing discomfort to their skin. Features of this cat grooming brush and comb include a fine bent wire bristles, a fitted transparent protective cover that can be placed over the bristles after use to avoid cat de-shedding tool from accidentally injuring your children or pets.
Additionally, this best-rated cat brush for long-haired cats has an ergonomic extended handle and a self-cleaning button that retracts the blades when pressed.
- The self-cleaning feature makes it easy to remove residue hair from the pet comb after use.
- UOSKY’s fitted protective cover placed over the bristles offers safety to your pet and children.
- The non-slip texture of the extended handle gives a firm grip and makes it easy to use.
- This brush for matted cat hair provides both safety and comfort to your pet.
- It is definitely not the best grooming brush in the market.
- It can cause irritation or bruises on your pet’s skin when used with excess pressure.
Best Cat Brushes Buying Guide, Tips, & Benefits:
The importance of grooming your cat cannot be overemphasized therefore, it is essential you know that if you want to maintain or improve your cats’ overall health and wellbeing, whether it is a short-haired or long-haired cat, then grooming is a must. For a short-haired, once or twice a week may be enough but long-haired cats can benefit from daily grooming with the right tools.
Factors to consider when choosing the best cat brush:
Buying a cat hairbrush is considered a small investment and so, just like any investment, it should last for a long time. Since grooming is almost a daily exercise, is best advisable to buy a wire cat brush that is long-lasting.
Ease to use:
When looking for the best cat feeders or cat brush, don’t allow the looks of a brush to distract you from the important details. check out the features such as retractable bristles and ergonomic handles that make grooming an easy task.
Pet’s hair type:
Brushes made for cats with long hair have different bristles from those made for short-haired cats. Therefore, be sure to check the label to know if the product you are about to pick suits your cat’s hair.
No matter how much you want your cat to look good, safety comes first when choosing cat litters, grooming tools, or any other cat supply. Always consider buying cat grooming products that are made of pet-safe, smooth, and non-irritant materials.
Cat brush bristles are made from steel, wire, nylon, rubber, etc. Therefore, choose a brush with bristles that suits your cat’s hair type, but also not cause any harm to him.
Benefits of Grooming Your Cat:
- When you groom your cat, you will be able to check for or notice any abnormalities or infections on his/her body.
- Each time you groom your cat, the bond between you and your cat is deepened.
- Frequent brushing and grooming can help prevent tangles from turning into matt.
- With grooming and using cat flea collars, you can prevent pests and flea from infesting on your pets’ bodies.
- When you brush your cats’ body using the right cat hairbrush, you are not only removing dead hair from his/her body, you are also stimulating the growth of new hair and enabling the distribution of your cats’ natural oil on the skin.
- Untrimmed nails can cause pain and discomfort to your pet. Therefore, trimming is also considered an important part of grooming for a healthy, comfortable cat.
- Frequent grooming helps your cat become desensitized to being handled.
Cleaning Tips For Your Cat Hairbrush:
- Mix warm water in a bowl and add a portion of cat shampoo or vinegar in the bowl of water. You can also add a few drops of disinfectant or bleach.
- Soak the brush in the water and shampoo solution between ten and thirty minutes. Be careful not to soak the entire head of the brush if it is one with fabric pad so as to prevent it from accumulating moisture and causing mold.
- Rinse the brush under running water to ensure that every last strand of hair and dirt is removed. Shake off excess water.
- Spray the brush with disinfectant to remove germs and bacteria.
- Allow the brush to air dry before your next use.
Cleaning your cats’ hairbrush is as important as grooming the cat itself. Cleaning is important because only a neat brush can guarantee your cat a clean body, and also, you won’t want to redistribute the same dander, dirt, and hair you once removed back on your cats’ body.
Firstly, remove as much hair as you can from the brush pad and bristles. Don’t bother about removing every last strand of hair. Just remove as much as you can. The above steps will help remove the rest. If you have already chosen the right brush for your feline, you may want to consider checking out our best cat collars. They will help you identify and find your pet quicker if they every sneak out.
Cats are renowned self-groomers. They spend almost 50% of their awake time indulging in some self-grooming activity but no matter how meticulous they are in this self-cleaning, cats still require help before they can efficiently maximize the benefits of this activity. As a cat owner, you can help this process by brushing your cat on a regular basis with one of the best cat brushes we reviewed in this article. We picked the cat brushes for long-haired cats and short-haired cats for you.